Placement is an important step along the path to academic success.  It is the process of matching your educational and career goals to the appropriate courses and making sure you are academically prepared.  High school transcripts and other measures may be used.  In accordance with AB 705, no assessment test is needed and all students have the right to access transfer level classes!  Click here to learn more about AB 705 and what it means for students and click here to review placement results at FRC.

Determine the best education program to reach your career goal.

Feather River College offers several degree and certificate options:

  • Certificate programs include job specific training without general education classes.  Many certificate programs do not require math or English and therefore assessment is not necessary.  Please check the FRC catalog for specific program requirements.
  • A local degree is a 2-year degree for someone who does not intend to transfer to a 4-year institution.  The general education requirements for a local degree include English 101, which is transfer level, and Math 015/018, which is one level below transfer.   The local degree general education requirements can be found here.
  • A transfer degree is for someone who plans to earn a bachelor’s degree.  In addition to English 101, it must include a transfer level math class.  Math 202 Elementary Statistics, Math 110 College Algebra or higher will fulfill this requirement. Students intending to transfer should follow the CSU, UNR or IGETC General Education pathways.  More information regarding CSU Degree with a Guarantee can be found here and UC transfer guarantee information found here.

Feather River College offers math and English classes one level below college level.  These classes can prepare a student for transfer level course work and depending on the educational goal, may be used to satisfy certificate or local degree requirements. 

Career assessments and information can be found at the Career Exploration page. Additional information regarding career employment and earnings can be found on the Academic Program pages.

Meet with an Academic Advisor or Counselor

Make an appointment with an Advisor or Counselor by clicking here or calling the Advising Office at 530-283-0202 x313.  An Advisor or Counselor will review your high school transcripts, guided self-placement results or co-enrollment form and make recommendations for class placement.   

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.