Career and Technical Education
Welcome to Feather River College’s Career and Technical Education Program. CTE aims to get students work experience and teach technical skills that will help students get hired as soon as they graduate. CTE is a combination of practical project-based learning and academic topics that relate to the industry area the student is interested in. When a student follows a CTE pathway, they graduate with a vocational certificate or degree, and a wealth of hands-on experience that makes them ready to start working right out of the gates.
For questions contact CTE Transitions Program Coordinator and Dual Enrollment Coordinator: Carolyn Shipp at (530)283-0202 ext. 265 or email email@example.com
Feather River College CTE Programs
Click the links to learn more:
- Graphic Design
- Culinary Arts
- Agriculture and Equine Studies
- Equine and Ranch Management
- Outdoor Recreation Leadership
- Environmental Studies
- Elementary Teacher Preparation & Early Childhood Education
Choose FRC for your Career and Technical Education
- FRC is well known for its hands-on class work and collaboration with employers and businesses
- FRC has resources to help CTE students get the experience they need.
- Work-based learning opportunities and internships
- Vocational Certificates
- Real life problem solving and learning opportunities
FRC coordinates student internships and work experience within the community. Students can participate in BUS 171, a CSU transferable class, to receive up to 3 units for internship or work experience opportunities in their preferred industry sector.
Examples of Past Internships:
- U.S Forest Service
- Plumas Bank
- Gray's Flower Garden
- Plumas District Hospital
- Feather River Land Trust
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Plumas County District Attorney’s Office
Click here to fill out an internship interest form
Contact CTE Transitions Director Carolyn Shipp at (530)283-0202 ext. 265 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.