Equine & Ranch Management (B.S.)
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Bachelor's of Science in Equine and Ranch Management
Feather River College started offering in the Fall of 2016 a bachelor's of science pilot program in equine and ranch management in cooperation with the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. This unique degree combines scientific agricultural ranch management courses with hands-on horse related disciplines that incorporate both traditional and progressive performance-horse methods. Students will have daily opportunities to work with horses and livestock while integrating management and business principles into working for, or creating a successful horse enterprise or ranch operation.
The baccalaureate degree will meet industry needs by producing graduates who will demonstrate the following student learning outcomes upon graduation:
- Knowledge of agricultural, equine, and livestock management related disciplines that incorporate both traditional and progressive practices.
- An ability to analyze data and solve problems in the equine and ranch management field.
- A proficiency in critical thinking, reading, writing, and oral language skills in an agriculture occupational context.
- Developed and demonstrable leadership skills that enhance professional success in the agriculture and equine industry.
- An ability to enter employment or create a successful entrepreneurial business in the field of equine and ranch management, or transfer to a university for an advanced degree in a related field.
Four Year Bachelor Program
An application process for prospective students is in development and will take into consideration criteria such as overall GPA, completion of general education requirements to satisfy the CSU breadth transfer requirements, completion of an associate's degree in Agriculture or Equine Studies or other like college agriculture degrees along with specific other disciplines support courses. Applications dates and contact persons will follow soon when determined. In the short-term please contact Crystal Anderson, Agriculture Department, via email or 283-0202 ext.272.
Agriculture Program Guide (PDF)
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Statements about the Program
“The agriculture community has a high need for skilled and knowledgeable four year college graduates. This new degree option will benefit the livestock and agriculture industry throughout the region and state.”
“This innovative, hands-on degree will benefit the livestock and agriculture industries throughout the region and state. CCA firmly believes that these industries will embrace this specialized degree as the standard-bearer to fill numerous ranch and equine-management positions.”
“Students completing this degree will understand the history and culture of ranching life that Feather River College has been teaching their students for over 32 years… Trainers are in constant need for young people with the experience to go right into the workforce and the horse industry. There is definitely a shortage of them. It is my experience from hiring a lot of interns from FRC, that they're definitely on the right path.”
FRC Agriculture Program
firstname.lastname@example.org • 530-283-0202 ext. 272
570 Golden Eagle Avenue • Quincy, CA 95971
- Equine & Ranch Management (B.S.)
- Agriculture (A.S.)
- Equine Studies (A.S & Cert)
- Horse Sale 2022
- Request Information
- Our Instructors
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.