ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Agriculture A.S. or Certification
Welcome to Feather River College where our outstanding staff provide hands-on agriculture education at a state of the art facility. The program specializes in teaching general agriculture, equestrian and rodeo skills providing students with a variety of employment prospects or the opportunity to transfer to a four-year university. Students can gain both an Associate of Science degree and/or a Certificate of Completion in several areas in the field of Agriculture with an emphasis on the Equine Industry.
Upon degree completion, graduates will acquire the following;
- Theoretical knowledge, practical experience and skills of modern procedures reflecting the technology and science based nature of agriculture and animal resource management,
- Knowledge of concepts and theories with a balance between production and protection of soil, plant, and animal resources,
- An ability to analyze data and solve problems related to the agricultural field utilizing the scientific method,
- A proficiency in critical thinking, reading, writing, and oral language skills in the agriculture occupational context,
- An ability to enter employment in a field of agriculture or transfer to a College of Agriculture at a four-year University.
As the Department Chair, I would enjoy talking with you, or have you contact Crystal, our Instructional Assistant and Facilities Coordinator. The Agriculture and Equine Studies faculty and staff are proud of our program and students, and look forward to sharing our experiences and information with you. If you wish to schedule a visit, please feel free to call us at 1-800-442-9799, ext. 272, or email. FRC is committed to providing an excellent college education and experience.
DEGREE & CERTIFICATION OPTIONS
A Beautiful Place to Learn
Students should consult with Feather River College (FRC) Agriculture Department advisors to prepare a Student Education Plan to ensure the students’ courses will satisfy certification, degree and/or transfer requirements. It may be beneficial to contact the four-year institution where the student intends to transfer to accurately determine the ideal course of action to earn a A.S. degree.