Welcome to Allied Health at Feather River College
Registration closes on 5/24 for the Summer Short Course - NURS 100: Nurse’s Aide (CNA), a prerequisite for the Vocational Nursing Program. Learn more about the CNA program at FRC here.
Feather River College Allied Health Department has a variety of classes and programs leading to employment in the health care field as well as further advancement in nursing and the emergency medical field.
Explore Allied Health Paths to Success
Students will achieve the ability to:
- Articulate knowledge of health care concepts, including professional ethics, HIPPA compliance, medical terminology, client care, pharmacology (as dictated by Ca. state Law) and pathophysiology
- Demonstrate ability to manage electronic health records and databases,client charting, and health care reporting processes
- Model collaboration skills while working with clients and their families and all health care professionals
- Exhibit clinical knowledge, professionalism and skills suitable to gaining employment in the healthcare industry
- Possess knowledge and life skills necessary to provide safe, effective and efficient care, which enables the student to adapt to living and working in a multicultural environment and provide health maintenance and promotion in a global context
- Utilize critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and evidence-based strategies in effectively communicating and collaborating with others to promote and maintain optimal health in the chosen area of practice
- Pursue life-long learning to enrich personal and professional development; enjoy the benefits of inquiry and self-discovery, and embrace change in the fast-paced world of technological advances and health innovations.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.