The open application period for the Vocational Nursing (VN) program at Feather River College (FRC) is from January 1, 2021 – March 31, 2021.
Please note that the Vocational Nursing application and all supporting documentation must be received by Admissions and Records no later than Wednesday, 3/31/2021.
In order to be considered for acceptance to FRC’s VN program, the following must be submitted:
- Completed FRC Vocational Nursing Application for Enrollment
- Proof of completion of high school at the 12th grade level or its equivalent:
- Official high school transcripts, OR
- GED certificate
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from:
- Employer (previous or current)
- Community leader or instructor
- Personal reference
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Describe your interests and goals in healthcare and nursing.
- Describe how your experiences and/or achievements have prepared you for nursing school. Include what you feel are necessary qualities for a successful nurse, and demonstrate how you possess those qualities.
- Describe how Feather River College's Vocational Nursing Program will facilitate your healthcare career expectations with a certificate or degree. Why is this program for you?
- Completion of the following prerequisites with a grade of “C” or better. [Transfer credit will be given for prerequisite course work with a grade of “C” or better.]
- BIOL 110: Human Anatomy
- BIOL 112: Human Physiology
- HES 170: Introduction to Nutrition
- NURS 100: Nurse’s Aide - Documentation showing completion of this requirement may be demonstrated by:
- Submitting a copy of a current CNA license, OR
- Submitting proof of course completion (college transcript, or final certificate from the training facility)
- NURS 111: Dosage Calculations for Healthcare Providers
- NURS 118: Medical Terminology – not required, but highly recommended
Allow four weeks for official transcripts to be sent to FRC. Official transcripts shall be sent to:
Feather River College – Admissions and Records
570 Golden Eagle Avenue
Quincy, CA 95971
Upon acceptance to the program, you will be asked to submit a history and physical, evidence of immunizations and TB testing, evidence of passing a background check, and current certification in Basic Life Support / CPR.