Allied Health & Nursing at Feather River College
The Allied Health Department at FRC has a variety of classes and programs leading to employment in the health care field, as well as further advancement in nursing and the emergency medical field. Check out the video below to learn more about why students choose this rewarding program!
Video produced by Spanish Peak Productions
Explore Allied Health & Nursing Paths to Success
Through Allied Health at FRC, students will achieve the ability to:
- Articulate knowledge of health care concepts, including professional ethics, HIPAA compliance, medical terminology, client care, pharmacology (as dictated by Ca. state Law) and pathophysiology
- Demonstrate ability to manage electronic health records and databases,client charting, and health care reporting processes
- Model collaboration skills while working with clients and their families and all health care professionals
- Exhibit clinical knowledge, professionalism and skills suitable to gaining employment in the healthcare industry
- Possess knowledge and life skills necessary to provide safe, effective and efficient care, which enables the student to adapt to living and working in a multicultural environment and provide health maintenance and promotion in a global context
- Utilize critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and evidence-based strategies in effectively communicating and collaborating with others to promote and maintain optimal health in the chosen area of practice
- Pursue life-long learning to enrich personal and professional development; enjoy the benefits of inquiry and self-discovery, and embrace change in the fast-paced world of technological advances and health innovations.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.