Feather River College at a Glance
FRC is a small college, though not the smallest in the California CC system. In the 2010s, it typically enrolled about 3,000 students annually. As in so many community colleges, the proportion of part-time students is relatively high. Thus the full-time equivalent (FTE) value is much less than the headcount value, historically it is about half of the latter. Over the last decade it has kept slightly above 50%.
Most of FRC’s classes are credit courses, and except for a dwindling number of English and Math remedial courses, they can be transferred to four-year institutions. The last years have witnessed a slight increase of the general education courses as compared to the vocational education segment. This latter includes some emblematic FRC programs, such as the equine, outdoor recreation leadership, environmental studies, administration of justice, early childhood education, and nursing.
FRC’s course completion results, which measure the rate of enrollments that lead to a grade ‘C’ or better, generally situate a few points above the statewide results. Here is a chart that compares FRC’s credit course completion rates with the state-wide rates for the period of 1992-2018.
The performance of an institution may be measured in several ways, and California’s colleges adopted a double approach to account for academic progress. On the one hand, data is collected about enrollment and success for each term and academic year. On the other hand, students entering the college every fall are traced along six years and the performance metrics of these cohorts are calculated as part of the Scorecard evaluation system maintained by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office. Scorecard data may be seen on their website and downloaded from their DataMart. Below a snapshot view shows how many associate degrees were awarded each year between 1992 and 2018. At the end of the 2017-18 academic year, FRC also awarded its first 8 Bachelor's degrees in Equine and Ranch Management. In 2018-19, eleven new BS degrees were awarded.
Please find more detailed data about the students, courses, and achievements of Feather River College in the Excel file linked in below. Beyond these quantitative measures, FRC provides a personal and supportive learning environment in a stunning natural landscape. The College has teachers and staff who know the students as individuals and take pride in their achievements.
College Wide Data
- Historical series 2000-2019 (Please read the disclaimer page first)
Common Data Set
- Spring 2019 Campus Climate Survey by SSSP and Political Science 140
- Spring 2016 Campus Climate Survey by SSSP
- Fall 2013 Campus Climate Survey by Political Science 140
- Fall 2011 Campus Climate Survey by Political Science 140
- Fall 2009 Campus Climate Survey by Political Science 140
California Chancellor's Office MIS Data
- Student Success Metrics
- ARCC - Accountability Reporting for the Community Colleges
The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Reports
- 2019 Data Feedback Report
- 2018 Data Feedback Report
- 2017 Data Feedback Report
- 2016 Data Feedback Report
- 2015 Data Feedback Report
- 2014 Data Feedback Report
- 2013 Data Feedback Report
- 2012 Data Feedback Report
- 2011 Data Feedback Report
- 2010 Data Feedback Report
- 2009 Data Feedback Report
- 2008 Data Feedback Report