Steps to Enrollment
Welcome to FRC!
Congratulations on choosing a great college to continue your education! At FRC, we take pride in our unique academic setting which includes a beautiful campus as well as extremely supportive faculty and staff that are genuinely committed to helping you succeed!
We have made enrolling in classes at FRC simple; just follow the steps below!
* Indicates this step is required to be eligible for priority registration.
- Apply to Admissions:* Complete the Online Application and obtain your Student ID Number. This number will be your “User ID” when you are ready to enroll in classes
- Apply for Financial Aid: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Check the status of your application by logging onto "MyFRC." If you have questions, contact the Financial Aid Office at 1-800-442-9799, ext. 603. Also search and apply for scholarships by visiting the Financial Aid Website.
- Request a FRC Email and Network Account: Please fill out the “Email and Network Account Request” form. FRC email and network accounts are free for students registered for FRC courses. The account will allow you to access your FRC email, login to Canvas, and it will grant you logon access to the computers in the labs. After the form has been submitted accounts typically take two business days to be setup, the time may vary depending on demand. The same “Request” form is used to request a password reset. More information about password resets can be found here.
- Secure Housing: If you plan to live in student housing, complete the Student Housing Application and License Agreement as soon as possible as housing fills quickly.
- Send Transcripts: Send official high school and official college transcripts (if applicable) to: Feather River College Attn: Admissions & Records, 570 Golden Eagle Ave., Quincy, CA 95971.
- Complete Orientation:* In addition, we encourage you to attend the on campus New Student Orientation held each semester the Friday before classes begin. This is a great opportunity to learn more about Student Services and meet people!
- Advising & Counseling: Contact the Advising/Counseling Office at 530-283-0202, ext. 313, to meet with an advisor or counselor to discuss your academic goals. In the meeting you will review transcripts, select courses, and develop a Student Education Plan (SEP) which will identify the courses you will need to take in order to meet your career, degree, and/or transfer goals.
- Sign Up for Classes: Login to your MyFRC using the User ID and PIN. Click the ‘Student’ tab, then the ‘Registration’ link, and then ‘Add or Drop Classes’ link. Confirming a plan for payment of tuition and enrollment fees will be a part of the registration process.
- Pay Fees: Decide how you will pay your fees by choosing a payment plan option. Options include paying in full at the time of registration, paying in full by the 10th week of the semester, or verifying you have sufficient financial aid to cover your entire balance. You will be required to complete a "Tuition Payment Agreement" designating the payment option you plan to use.
Congratulations, you are officially a student at Feather River College!