Cambium: A Journal of Humanities and Arts
Sponsored by the Feather River College English and Art Departments
The first issue of Cambium is published!
See the flip-book edition below
Cambium at Feather River College nourishes intellectual and creative communities on our campus while allowing students to apply what they’ve learned. The journal also serves as a bridge with local communities, creating connections between the campus community and regional writers, artists, and other community members. Cambium is an opportunity for aspiring and established artists and writers in the community to share their art and writing.
The journal will highlight the work of Feather River College students and staff as well as members of the larger Plumas County community. The journal will be published one time per year in the spring semester.
The Inaugural Issue was published in May 2022.
Submit now for the second edition! Submissions will be accepted November 1, 2022 through February 28, 2023.
What can be submitted?
- Art work
- Prose--fiction, creative-non-fiction, personal essay, academic essay
- Double spaced, MLA format
- No previously published work, but will consider simultaneous submissions—with notification upon acceptance elsewhere
- Max of 5,000 words for prose
- Up to 5 poems, photos, or art pieces OR one work of prose per submission cycle
- Brief (less than 50 words) biography to accompany each submission
- Blind Review
Who Can Submit?
- Current FRC Students and Alumni
- Plumas and Seirra County High School Students
- Plumas County Residents
Where and When to Submit
Please submit materials following the above guidelines by February 28, 2023, to this link:
For questions and clarifications, please contact Professor Nikki Grose at firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor-in-chief: Professor Nicole Grose
Art Editor: Professor Josh Oliveira
Editorial Board: Professors Chris Connell and Will Lombardi
We are also looking for STUDENT EDITORS! Alumni and current students can apply. Please let us know if you're interested in reading for art, poetry, prose, or non-fiction (or a combination).
The English Department wishes to thank the Feather River College Foundation for funding which supports Cambium.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.