Instructional Resource Center
Please complete the tutoring application, the commitment form, and mark the attached schedule of times you are available to be tutored. When you make an appointment for tutoring, you are making a commitment. The tutors arrange their schedules to meet you here. If you don’t show up, they don’t get paid. Please do your best to meet your scheduled appointment with your tutor. If you cannot make your meeting time, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to call and email your tutor and the Instructional Resource Center at least one day in advance to cancel your sessions. AFTER THE SECOND TIME OF FAILING TO NOTIFY US, YOUR TUTORING WILL BE DISCONTINUED.
Check for an email from the tutor coordinator on your FRC email. Print it out for your reference. This will have the days and times of your tutoring session, along with the email address and phone number of your tutor. All communication will be through email.
- If you are scheduled with a tutor and cannot make the session for any reason, please call 283-0202, ext. 254 (1 day notice required, or morning of session) Also, notify your tutor directly using e-mail or phone.
- If you are going to be more than 5 minutes late for a tutoring session, please notify the Instructional Resource Center and your tutor at least one hour in advance.
- Continued failure to notify us that you will miss a session or are going to be late will result in loss of tutoring privileges. (You will be warned after the first time.) After the second instance of failing to notify us, your tutoring will be discontinued.
- Please let me know of any changes in days and/or times of your tutoring sessions, or if you are discontinuing tutoring.
- You are allotted 2 hours of tutoring per week. Any additional tutoring hours must be approved by the Instructional Resource Center Director.
- Provide your tutor with a course syllabus, schedule of exams, assignments, etc. to help plan your tutoring sessions.
- By signing this form, you are agreeing to attend all scheduled tutoring sessions.
- All tutoring sessions will take place in the Instructional Resource Center (unless prior arrangements have been made with the Tutor Coordinator).
- Fill out the log book with your tutor every session and initial it.
- CHECK YOUR FRC EMAIL DAILY! ALL COMMUNICATION FROM ME AND YOUR TUTOR WILL BE THROUGH EMAIL.
- Please follow the directions on the following page to sign up for the Tutor 003 class. This is a free, zero unit class and will not cost you anything. However, you must enroll before you will be signed up with a tutor.
Instructions for Enrolling in the TUTOR 003 Class
- Go to frc.edu
- Click on “MyFRC” on the top of the page.
- Enter your Student ID and PIN.
- Click on the “Student” tab.
- Click on “Registration.”
- Click “Add or Drop Classes.”
- Select the current semester.
- Enter CRN 3243.
- Click “Submit Changes.”