Student Responsibilities

 Before benefits are received, the student must provide the VA Certifying Official with the following:

  • Certificate of Eligibility
  • Completed Educational Plan through the Veterans Services Academic Advisor
  • Transcripts of all previous coursework
  • A copy of your DD-214 (Veterans Only)
  • Completed assessment test

Each semester the student must meet with:

  • The Academic Advisor for Veteran Services to update the Educational Plan
  • Certifying Officers to complete additional paperwork

Important: Report any changes in enrollment or academic status that may affect VA benefits to the Veterans' Certifying Officials at FRC. When changes are not reported, the result is often underpayment or overpayment of VA benefits.

Veterans Certifying Official

Diana Esquibel Mendez
Phone: 530-283-0202 ext. 241

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official US government web site at

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.