Eligibility Info

Benefits Coverage

When applying for benefits the student must declare a major. Payment of educational benefits is based on the number of units in which a student is enrolled. Benefits will be paid only for courses required for that degree. Once a satisfactory grade has been earned, the student may not receive benefits for a repeated course.* Benefits are restricted on some types of courses. Students should always check with the Feather River College Certifying Officers before registering for courses.

Eligibility Requirements

Feather River College has been approved by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to offer benefits of higher education to veterans, reservists and eligible dependents (including step-child or adopted child). These benefits are available through the following programs:

  • The Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)
  • Veterans Educational Assistance Program - VEAP (Chapter 32)
  • Post -9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
  • Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
  • Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserves (Chapter 1606)
  • Reserve Education Assistance Program - REAP (Chapter 1607)
  • Educational Assistance Test Program (Chapter 901)

Satisfactory Academic Progress

The Veterans' Administration requires that veterans maintain satisfactory progress toward a degree. This includes maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 and completing at least 67% of their attempted units. Veterans who become academically disqualified must follow the school's criteria for reinstatement after academic disqualification.

*Course Repetition

A course may be repeated for VA benefits only if repetition is necessary to successfully satisfy specific major requirements. Veterans may repeat a class more than once and receive VA educational benefits if the condition that required the initial repetition still exists.