California Work Opportunities and Responsibilities to Kids (CalWORKs) provides support services to people who are receiving TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families) and want to attend Feather River College. Students may be referred by the County Wlefare Department after they sign a "Welfare to Work Plan," or may be self referred. Students who are attending school and need to file for public assistance should see the CalWorks Coordinator first.
Support services include:
- Job development and placement
- Childcare support and referrals
- Adacemic advising and support
- Work-study positions
- Referrals to campus and community services
- Information on Welfare Rights
- Supplemental Support Services such as mileage reimbursement and/or supplies not funded by the County.
Students may be enrolled part-time or full-time in a number of areas including GED preparation, vocational education, technology training, and general education.
The CalWORKs staff assists student clients
"to achieve long-term self-sufficiency" through education.
For more information
Contact Cathy Riley @ (530) 283-0202 ext. 291