2013-2014 Estimated Student Expense Budget
Fall & Spring Semester
1. Fees include Health & Transit fees which are $18 per semester for Health fee, and $1.00 per unit for Transit fee.
Fees based on full-time of 15 units per semester (which is the minimum load needed to graduate in 2 years). California
residents: $46 per unit; Out-of-state & International students: $231 per unit ($185 Nonresident + $46 Standard Enrollment Fee per unit)
FEES SUBJECT TO CHANGE PENDING FINAL APPROVAL OF THE CALIFORNIA STATE BUDGET
2. The breakdown for this category is as follows: books ($936), educational supplies ($243), course material fees ($135), and computer-related
expenses ($396), excluding the costs associated with the purchase of a personal computer.
3. On Campus dorm installment plan includes utilities, cable and WiFi.
4. Off Campus rent estimates DO NOT include utilities.
5. Includes food, snacks, meals on campus, household supplies. Estimate reflects $205 to $411 per month for 9 months.
6. Includes travel to and from parent's residence (for California and nearby western states) and transportation costs to and from classes and work
(e.g. bus fare, gasoline,parking.) For students coming from a farther distance, such as the East Coast, estimated/average travel expenses for
out-of-state students for two round trips from home to FRC are $1000 can be added to the cost of attendance on a student by student basis.
7. Includes clothing, laundry, personal care, gifts, recreation, medical etc.