Licensed Vocational Nurse application 2017
Feather River College will be accepting applications for admission into the 2017- 2019 LVN for the Quincy Campus in Quincy, California beginning January 1, 2017, through March 31, 2017. The LVN program is a part-time program, two days per week. The days may vary each semester and will include an eight week clinical rotation to a larger hospital each summer. For financial assistance contact the FRC Financial Aid office at (530) 283-0202 ext 218/283.
The FRC LVN Program is competitive. There are spots for 30 students for each cohort.
Criterion for selection
Admission Selection based on 30 positions with 3 first semester alternates:
Selection of students shall begin after the deadline of application submission. If all 30 positions plus 3 first semester alternates are met at any time during the selection within each tier, a random drawing shall be held to fill the positions in that tier, and the selection process is completed.
- All Students who have completed all prerequisites by the start of the program, up to 30 positions and 3 alternates
- Students who will have completed all requirements by the end of the first semester
- Students who will have completed all requirements by the end of the first year.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE APPLICATION
- FRC Vocational Nursing Program Application for Enrollment
- High School Transcript or copy of HS Diploma or GED Certificate
- College transcripts from colleges attended
- Three letters of recommendation:
- Previous/current employer
- Community leader/instructor commenting on your qualities that would make you an asset to the nursing profession.
- Personal Reference
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- LVN Prerequisites:
BIOL 110 – Human Anatomy/equivalent
BIOL 112 – Human Physiology/equivalent
FACS 170 – Intro to Nutrition/equivalent
NURS 100 – Nurse Aide Course /CNA Certification
NUR 111 – Medical dosage Calculations
It is highly recommended that the student take a medical terminology class prior to enrolling in the program.
Transfer credit will be given for prerequisite course work with a grade of C or better An active Certification for Nursing Assistant is acceptable if not taken at a community college. Request the original transcripts for high school and college be sent to the Admissions and Records office at FRC, 570 Golden Eagle Avenue, Quincy, CA 95971 Allow at least four weeks for the transcripts to be sent to FRC. Prerequisites taken in Spring '17/Summer '17 will be acceptable for the application.
Upon acceptance to the program you will be asked to submit a history and physical, evidence of immunizations and TB testing, and current BLS. Please send applications to:
Please access the application forms below. You mail email me firstname.lastname@example.org, mail them to me at the address below, or present them in person upon appointment.
Feather River College
570 Golden Eagle Ave
Quincy, Ca., 95971 530-283-0202 ext 235