Welcome to FRC!
Congratulations on choosing a great college to continue your education! At FRC, we take pride in our unique academic setting which includes a beautiful campus as well as extremely supportive faculty and staff that are genuinely committed to helping you succeed!
We have made enrolling in classes at FRC simple; just follow the steps below!
* Indicates this step is required to be eligible for priority registration.
- Apply to Admissions:* Complete the Online Application and obtain your Student ID Number. This number will be your “User ID” when you are ready to enroll in classes
- Apply for Financial Aid: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at ww.fafsa.ed.gov. Check the status of your application by logging onto "MyFRC." If you have questions, contact the Financial Aid Office at 1-800-442-9799, ext. 603. Also search and apply for scholarships by visiting the Financial Aid Website.
- Apply for Student Housing: Click on Student Housing to review the options that are available and complete the Student Housing Application and License Agreement. The application is a fillable PDF. Complete all required documents and submit them to the Student Housing Office, 570 Golden Eagle Avenue, Quincy, CA 95971, or fax them to 530-283-5401. Student housing fills quickly so apply early. If you have questions contact the Student Housing Office at 530-283-9414.
- Complete Orientation:* In addition, we encourage you to attend the on campus New Student Orientation held each semester the Friday before classes begin. This is a great opportunity to learn more about Student Services and meet people!
- Send Transcripts: Notify your high school and/or previous college to send a copy of your official transcript to: FRC Admissions and Records, 570 Golden Eagle Ave, Quincy, CA 95971. You will be allowed to register initially with an unofficial transcript, but official transcripts must be received prior to registering for subsequent semesters, and for accepting transfer credit toward a degree.
- Take Assessment:* Contact the Counseling/Advising Center at 530-283-0202 ext. 313 to schedule an ACCUPLACER Assessment Test. Assessments are designed to assess your skills in English or ESL, reading, and math. The results assist in building an appropriate schedule. Many students score higher when they prepare with Assessment Test Study Resources. FRC may also accept scores from an assessment test taken at another college. If you have questions call 530-283-0202, ext. 316.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor/Counselor:* While you are on the phone scheduling your assessment test, also schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Advisor or Counselor. In the meeting you will review assessment scores, select courses, and develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP) which identifies the courses you need to take in order to graduate based on your degree and transfer goals.
- Enroll in Classes Using your MyFRC Student Portal: Remember that 9 digit Student ID Number? You need that number to log into your student portal. You can access your portal through the website: www.frc.edu. Click on “MyFRC.” Fill in your User ID (9 digit) and Pin number. Click on the “Student” tab, click on the “Registration” link, and then go to “Look Up Classes.” Enrollment is just a few clicks from there! Your Advisor/Counselor can also walk you through this process.
- Pay Fees: Decide how you will pay your fees by choosing a payment plan option. Options include paying in full at the time of registration, paying in full by the 10th week of the semester, or verifying you have sufficient financial aid to cover your entire balance. You will be required to complete a "Tuition Payment Agreement" designating the payment option you plan to use.
Congratulations, you are officially a student at Feather River College!