Qualifying Factors for EOPS Eligibility
1) California resident or eligible for California Dream Act.
2) Receiving a Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver, Grant A, B, or C with zero Estimated Family Contribution (EFC).
3) Enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit units (if DSPS, 9 units acceptable) at the time of acceptance into EOPS.
4) Degree applicable units completed must not exceed 70 units (excluding basic skills, remedial education, and ESL units).
5) Underprepared in at least one of the following areas:
- scoring below AA graduation level math or English,
- not having graduated from high school or obtained a GED,
- having a high school grade point average below 2.5,
- having high school remedial classes,
- neither parent graduated college,
- emancipated foster youth,
- non-English home language.
Qualifying Factors for CARE Eligibility
1) Qualify for EOPS (see to the left).
2) Single parent of a dependent child.
3) Receiving CalWORKs/TANF funds for themselves or dependent child.
4) Have a current "Passport to Services" from Plumas County Social Services.